문의게시판HOME>고객지원>문의게시판
Aaron Rodgers is 'not the right fit&…

페이지 정보

작성일2023.02.20

본문

Former wide receiver Brandon Marshall doesn't believe Aaron Rodgers is the long-term solution to the organization's quarterback woes. 
Rodgers signed a three-year, $150million extension with the in March 2022 and is under contract until 2026, but after the team missed the playoffs, the veteran quarterback is said
Rumors have continued to swirl around Rodgers's NFL future with the after New York's offensive struggles this season. 

However, Marshall doesn't believe Rodgers is the right fit for the Jets and would merely be a short term solution. 
'Aaron Rodgers is the best thrower of the football our game has ever seen,' Marshall said.

'This is our opportunity to really get it right and be in position to be contending next year. So, you can go Aaron Rodgers and feel like you'll get there, right? But what's going to happen after next year? 
Former Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall urged the team away from Aaron Rodgers
The veteran is believed to be on the trading block for the Green Bay Packers this offseason 
'I feel like a Derek Carr, even a Jimmy [Garoppolo], with that defense, with Elijah Moore used the right way and then Garrett [Wilson], we're set up for the next five to seven years.' 
Not only did Rodgers not rank as Marshall's No.

1 choice for New York's new quarterback but he wasn't even his second. 
'If I was Woody Johnson Marshall, I would go Derek Carr as my [No.1] 1, Jimmy G as my second option and then Aaron Rodgers as my third option,' Marshall added. 
Marshall also claimed that Rodgers may not pintuhoki88 slot into the Jets' locker room easily, insisting the team needed to pluck for the 'right' quarterback, not necessarily the best. 
'It's his age, but also the fit in the locker room,' Marshall said.

'Guys are definitely going to respect him, but I just feel like Derek Carr can get you there. 
'Derek Carr is the first one in, last one out. Derek Carr, he meets people where they're at. The chemistry and continuity is everything. 
'Remember, we tried this before with Brett Favre.
We did this, Woody. We did it. We tried this before with Brett Favre. Derek Carr, that's all we need. We don't need the best quarterback. We need the right quarterback.' 
Carr recently revealed he to help facilitate a trade from the Raiders.
Marshall claimed that Derek Carr should be the Jets' first choice to bring in this offseason
The Raiders must trade or release the quarterback by that date - three days after the  - or Carr's contract will become guaranteed and Las Vegas will have to pay him $40.4million over the next two years.
After struggling late in the season, Carr was and acknowledged he was angry about the decision. 
Former second-overall draft pick Zach Wilson was benched several times by the Jets amid his disastrous 2022 performance (six touchdowns, seven interceptions).
As a result, the Jets narrowly missed their first playoff berth since 2010 while the offense ranked just 29th in points and 25th in yards.
Zach Wilson was benched several times by the Jets amid his disastrous 2022 performance
However, Marshall believes that Wilson does have the ability to succeed in New York but will benefit from his time on the bench.  
'He's super talented.

He has the moxie,' Marshall said. 'He does have the makeup to be successful in that city. 
'But you're in the big city, you're in the big leagues. We need it now. You don't [usually] have time to sit there. 
'Now, you're going to have 12 months, maybe 24 to earn the trust back of not only the Jets but the other 31 teams and organizations.

What are you going to do?'